An offline printer is unable to communicate with the device that is sending the print job. Because the offline printer is unable to receive and process new print jobs, all print jobs should be paused until the problem is resolved. This does not imply that your printer is malfunctioning.
Some of the causes can be:
- Outdated drivers
- Connection issues
- A settings error
The following steps will help you address the issue and show steps to resolve them. Please follow the order as the simplest fixes are listed first
Set the default printer
Before you begin, make sure that you have downloaded and installed all of the updates for the Windows operating system.
- Press window + R, type control panel and hit enter.
- Now open the Hardware and Sound
- And then go toDevices and Printer.
- Select Set as default printer from the right-click menu on that printer.
- Now in the confirmation prompt please make sure you click yes.
- You should see a green checkmark below the icon of your printer, confirming it as default.
Remove or Update Outdated Version
- Go to the Windows search.
- Type “Device Manager” and click on it.
- Then, expand the ‘Printers’ section.
- Locate your printer’s model number in the enlarged section.
- Right-click it and select the ‘Update Driver option from the menu.
- Next, select the option to “search automatically” and wait for your printer’s driver to be updated.
- Restart your computer after the operation is finished.
- If you want to reinstall your driver, go to the ‘control panel.’
- Click on ‘remove programmes’ to uninstall your current HP printer driver.
Update or reinstall the printer driver
- Verify that the printer is turned on and is linked to the PC.
- Visit HP Customer Support – Software and Driver Downloads for further information.
- After that, key in your printer’s model number.
- Look for Update on the Software and Drivers page.
- If the heading Update appears, click it and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- The printer software is current if the Update does not appear.
Configure Printer Spooler service
- On your keyboard, type services while holding down the Windows logo key.
- Select Services.
- Double-click Printer Spooler.
- Click Stop, and then click OK.
- Go to C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS.
- Delete everything in this folder.
- Right-click on the “Print Spooler” once more.
- To restart the spooler service, select the “Start” option.
- Finally, restart your computer and printer, and the “HP printer says offline” issue will be resolved.
Use Printer Offline Mode Is Not Selected
- Press window + R, type control panel and hit enter.
- Now open the Hardware and Sound option.
- And then go to Devices and Printer.
- Select and right-click on your HP printer from the list of printers.
- Next, uncheck the option to “Use Printer Offline” from the menu.
- Your HP printer will now reconnect to the internet.
Some other reason causing HP printer to show offline
- Check Wi-Ficonnection; always check that your printer and computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Once the HP printer is connected to the computer.
- Now reboot your system so that the settings of the HP printer can be saved.
- Other factors that may cause your printer to go offline include paper jams, low ink levels, voltage fluctuations, and lack of compatibility.
Wireless Network to Connect To Your Printer
- Restart your printer after 10 seconds.
- Disconnecting the power cord from your printer.
- Then, turn off your computer.
- Disconnect your wireless router’s power cord.
- Reconnect it after a ten-second wait.
- It could take a few moments for your internet to reconnect.
- When it’s finished, turn on your computer.
- Using the HP Smart software or the HP wireless setup wizard.
- Check to see if your printer is linked to the internet.
- Print a wireless report to see whether there are any remaining connectivity concerns.
- This report can be found in your printer’s network settings or the Wireless menu.
How to fix HP Printer keeps going offline?
Many business professionals’ life has been made easier by the invention of networked printers, and HP has made significant contributions in this industry. Users may print from anywhere with HP Printers without having to bother about print servers.
To correct the first cause, double-check that your printer is correctly connected to the wires. You could try resetting the printer. You can try disabling and enabling the connectivity options to troubleshoot network connectivity issues.
Why is it that my HP printer is always going offline?
We’ll go over the causes of HP Office Jet, HP Photo Smart, and HP Envy Printers going offline to get a better understanding of the problem.
- The problem could be due to a jammed piece of paper.
- The offline state could be caused by issues with the cables or connectors.
- It’s possible that the HP printer was turned off.
- The firmware may be out of date.
- HP printer’s drivers haven’t been updated.
- It’s conceivable that your device wasn’t designated as the default printer.
How to Fix the HP Printer Offline Issue?
- Check Ink Cartridge and Paper Jam Issues
The first step in the HP printer offline cure is to see whether there are any difficulties with the ink cartridges. Additionally, you must resolve any paper jam issues. Your printer should be operational to verify this. When it’s turned on, double-check that no wires are loosely connected and that the paper tray is filled with the correct type of paper.
After that, check the various parts of your HP printer to make sure no jammed paper is there. You can check the ink levels in the HP printer’s cartridge after checking it.
- Check the Cables and Connections
If the cartridges and sheets in the printer appear to be fine, the source of the HP printer offline issue could be a problem with the cables or connections. Another technique to figure out how to cure the HP printer offline problem is to double-check the cords and connections.
- Use the HP Print and Scan Doctor
If your HP printer is always down, you’ll need to employ professional tools to fix the problem. The HP Print and Scan Doctor tool was created specifically to address such issues.
The following are the steps to using the HP Print and Scan Doctor:
- Firstly, you need to download and install the “HP Print and Scan Doctor” program.
- Now, run the downloaded “.exe” file.
- Launch the “HP Print and Scan Doctor” and then make a click on the “Start” button.
- Select your HP printer model from the available list.
- In the end, use the “Fix printing link” to initiate the repairing process.
- Set the Printer Manually to Online Mode
If your HP printer continues going offline, you can manually set it to online mode by following the procedures outlined below. These instructions will show you how to manually set the online mode on your printer.
- Firstly, click on the “Start” button.
- Now click on the “Control panel”.
- Select the option of “Devices and Printers”.
- Right-click on the question section and then choose the “See what’s printing” option.
- Select “Printer” from the top section of the page.
- In the end, click on the “Use Printer Online” option from the available menu
- Update HP Printer Driver
If you receive a message indicating your HP Office Jet Printer is down, check to see if the drivers for it have been updated. If you need to install updates, go to the Device Manager and select Printers from the drop-down menu. After you’ve located your HP device, right-click on it and select Update Driver. The drivers can then be auto-searched.
- To fix HP Printer Offline on Mac, first reset and reinstall the printer.
Your HP printer can be reinstalled on your Apple Mac. To do so, go to your computer’s Menu and select System Preferences. You can start by going to Hardware and then to Print & Scan. You can gradually go to the Reset Printing System option. After you’ve reset your HP printer, you’ll need to reinstall it on your Mac.
- Utilize HP Smart Diagnose & Fix on Mac
The HP Smart Diagnose & Fix feature can help you fix connection issues. It’s available on Mac machines running macOS 10.13 or later. So, if your HP printer indicates it’s offline on Mac, connection issues may be at blame. You can use this software to solve the problem. In this application, the Printers option is provided. Select it, and then select Diagnose & Repair from the drop-down menu. To begin the analysis, click on the Start button.
Also Read :