People always worry about choosing the best mobile app development platform for their dream app. An app development platform allows developers with different coding and design experience to create an application and create development cycles that are much faster than creating something from scratch.
Using a mobile app development platform often means abandoning the skills that local source code languages provide. Besides, it will be more helpful if you learn all the specific functions and work areas of each platform. It will lead you to less collaboration with developers and designers. And, if your solution is slow to update, you can always run the risk of falling behind on the latest and great hardware or system features.
These shortcomings are not here for making you feel that mobile app development platforms are not the solution for you: you only need to choose the best one to make your dream application.
Things to Determine to Know Which Platform is Best for Mobile Application
It can be cross platform mobile app development or multi-platform mobile app development, but how will you know the right platform for your app? Here are the things you need to focus on while thinking about how to choose the right mobile platform for app development:
- Target Audience: It’s important to target your audience while choosing the platform. You need to do some research, and then you will be able to create your customer profile. Paying attention to the geographic location is necessary because that is the most crucial for you. Platforms most vary by region. For example, you decided to focus on England; you need to keep in mind that most people in England prefer Android devices over the iOS.
- User Expectations: Naturally, users will have certain expectations from the devices and applications they use. So, you have to consider yourself for providing a great user experience, and you also need to know what they will get out of it.
We only want to give you an example as Apple is known and widely used for its innovation and high-level quality; that’s why users of the Apple brand also expect an improved user experience with high usability and modern designs. Their customer base is also getting popular as they always pay a lot more for the latest innovation, but we can say the same for Android users because they don’t like to pay for applications.
- Usability And Features: You need to know that an application development platform interface should be intuitive and easy to use. You need to choose one that will work the way developers expect and be enhanced to allow collaboration if a development team has to work simultaneously during the build cycle.
It’s very important to consider the features and the UX and compare them with the efficiency of a platform. If you want to develop a custom application with a native look, you need to think about the solutions like iOS, Android, WP, etc. Native applications are always a good idea as they can provide a top-notch and best overall experience in terms of usability.
You also need to consider developing a cross-platform for your app development project if you focus more on the “run once, run everywhere”. However, keep in mind that not all features can easily be applicable natively and are compatible with cross-platform solutions.
- The Cost of Development: It is not wrong to take the price as follows. After reading about the features, you thought the “run once, run everywhere” solution might be profitable. But, when you can hire a single cross-platform engineer, what is the point of paying for multiple developers? At first glance, it seems like an interesting option. But when you dig deep, you will get to see the main thing in the details.
Come, let us determine what the hybrid application means. It is an optimized webpage that people use on different devices and wrap in a local container. Due to this, people can access some native features. The word ”some” should be underlined here. Hybrid applications always fail when it comes to developing sophisticated features like image processing or live video streaming. You can get native functions that are impossible to integrate. You will pay less and get less by going to cross-platforms.
- Moderation: If we talk about moderation, iOS apps are always strictly restrained. There are some rules about how an application should behave to distribute it in its market. If it does not match them, it will probably get rejected. Anyone can easily find the App Store review guide on its official website. For example, if any application gets crashed and has empty IAD banners, they will accept the application. It takes Apple a maximum 15 days to verify your project and accept or reject your submission when the application review will get viewed very thoroughly.
We can’t say the same for Google Play. They also have specific guidelines. However, this market is rife with bad rumors about many hacking applications. It can get explained by a weak control system. Also, a user can easily download a .apk file by using an application and launch it on their device. But it would help if you kept in your mind that similar schemes will not be applicable for Apple.
- Security Implications: While thinking about which platform is best for mobile applications, you should think about security. It would help if you surely went for a platform to allow administrators to use the device’s security controls administratively.
iOS is the best option device to choose as they have better systems for storing personal user data, and fingerprint scanning will become more rigorous on user files.
If you want to save data in the cloud, then it will make hacking difficult for hackers. Android can help you to customize protection on the device anyway.
Without using any advanced tools, you should also consider government rules and regulations in the applications case. It means that developers must ensure before using cloud service that it complies with the government regulations. As a result, developers should be aware that any service can facilitate participation in cross-platform development but may not obtain the highest level of protection.
- Time for Completing the Development Project: Course events can have a lasting effect on signaling which platform is better to blow up first. Production of Android, in most cases, takes longer due to longer release cycles.
It usually takes more time to create an application that works well with different Android devices. It is because there are a large number of Android phones with different screen sizes and operating system forms. You can also go for the top mobile app development company for making it done on time by getting some ideas from them.
- Application Approval: Android leads and is the most beloved when it comes to app approval. For iOs, the launch and approval process takes about two or three weeks and can be even longer if the application gets rejected. Generally android applications take a couple of days.
The process of submitting to Google Play is much easier because it works on an automated testing system. It takes two to three days for the app to appear in the store after launch. Because it is automated, some minor errors are likely to be missed. Also, if the offer gets rejected, you have to hold the team to be fair.
Here are more things you need to check while comparing platforms; let’s check them out!
● Developers Experience
How will it work in developers’ hands? Can they get up fast? What will be easier between creating new features or reading someone else’s code?
Whether the platform can integrate with CD, external services, other manageable services or not?
Can you create an architecture you want by using the platform? If not, then which is the best alternative to the mobile app development platform? Among the key pieces of your effectiveness, what is easy to implement? Is implementation difficult?
● Professional Services
Do you need a group of people to help in implementing your software? What Does it take to run a new client? Do you even need professional service?
● Support and Maintenance
Will you be able to support your product easily during production? How can you maintain the code or fix bugs?
Are you using proper authentication and authorization?
Were you waiting for the last part of the article to know about what you should do now? Then, after a thorough understanding of all the factors written above, we would like to tell you to search for the best platform by keeping in mind the factors.
You always need to follow the best technology for mobile app development, so if you know, then you are ready to go. So, base your preferences on your app’s specific needs to build and focus on the solutions offered on the best platform.
We would love to know your thoughts on this article in the comments section below.
Lastly, top mobile app development company can help you to find the right app development platform for your mobile app project.