Apple’s iPhone 12 event may have been delayed this year, but we’re set to hear about new gadgets from the company at a live-streamed keynote set to take place later today.
The Apple event is set to start today (September 15) at 10 am PT / 1 pm EST / 6 pm BST (3 am AEST on September 16 in Australia).
It’s going to be a livestream that you would be able to watch together with, and we’re anticipating to see a wide range of new devices from the corporate with rumors of the Apple Watch 6, Apple Watch SE, iPad Air 4 and even Apple AirTags.
Leaks suggest this will just be an event for these products – and maybe a number of other surprises – so there in all probability will not be an iPhone 12 announcement later right now, however, Apple has yet to verify that’s the case so it could nonetheless occur.
Below we’ll be talking you through the events of the day before all of it kicks off at Apple HQ, and then we’ll be talking you through the launch as it occurs, alongside our commentary on the announcements.
Apple WWDC 2020 live blog
03:30 – So, what shall we expect from the Apple Watch 6? The most trusted rumors suggest the company won’t be updating the design of its smartwatch extensively and we’ll be seeing the same looking device to the Apple Watch 6.
Instead the improvements are prone to be internal with some suggesting it could be getting a bigger battery to ensure higher sleep tracking in addition to new health features as well.
TechRadar’s Fitness Editor, Catherine Ellis, says, “The Apple Watch 6 may be first to feature SpO2 tracking, allowing you to see changes in your blood oxygen saturation overnight that may point out issues like sleep apnea.
“It is a feature that is become common on even inexpensive fitness trackers, and looks like a pure addition for a tool that already has heart price monitoring and an ECG.”
01:52 – Oh, and we almost forgot. There’s the rumor of Apple One launching later today. That’s a subscription service that has been rumored for a while now which can supposedly bundle Apple Music, Apple Arcade, Apple TV Plus, Apple News Plus, and different software programs into one bundle and due to this fact one price.
01:45 – So, what are we going to see today? That is the big query, and it is a little uncertain at the moment but the leaks usually level towards the below. Suppose one thing is lacking from the list? That probably means it is not happening today, and we’ll speak you through these issues in a brand new update coming quickly.
- Apple Watch 6 – This is expected to be the big highlight of right now’s occasion as the corporate seems to expand its smartwatch portfolio further and enhance one of many world’s finest smartwatches.
- Apple Watch SE – Wait, what’s that? Apparently, Apple is engaged on a cheaper Apple Watch that has a similar design to Series 4 but will launch alongside the Apple Watch 6.
- iPad Air 4 – The iPad Air is again once more, and the most recent rumors counsel it will be dropping the house button for an extra iPad Pro-like design. Is that going to happen? You may have to tune in later to seek out out.
- New iPad – This hasn’t been rumored a lot, but some sources are claiming we might even see an updated iPad model within the combine right now. In that case, that may imply new features coming to the extra inexpensive slate.
- Apple AirTags – It could finally be occurring – these Tile-like location trackers are designed to help you keep an eye on issues like your keys or purse, and some rumors counsel they’re lastly launching today.
- iOS 14 / iPadOS 14 / watchOS 7 / macOS 10.16 – Often, Apple makes use of its iPhone event at first of September to announce the precise launch dates for its upcoming software program. This year, we’re anticipating to hear about when these updates are touchdown right now.
01:35 – Welcome to our Apple event 2020 live blog – that is the place you may discover all the most recent bulletins as they occur, in addition to our commentary on the event itself.
Obviously, it is early to be talking concerning the new merchandise, so we’ll be speaking you thru the information that we all know to this point as well as any leaks or information that breaks all through the day.
However first, the key particulars for today:
- The Time Flies event is today – September 15
- It begins at 10AM PT / 1PM ET / 6PM BST (3AM AEST on September 16)
- It is free to watch the show